Acknowledgments of JAOC reviewer/January 2021
Reviewing a manuscript written by a fellow scientist is a privilege. However, it is a time-consuming responsibility. Hence, JAOC’s Editorial Board, authors, and audiences appreciate your willingness to accept this responsibility and your dedication. ٍJAOC adheres to a double-blind peer-review process that is rapid, fair, and ensures a high quality of articles published. In so doing, JAOC needs reviewers who can provide insightful and helpful comments on submitted manuscripts with a turn around time of about 6 weeks. Maintaining ECC as a scientific journal of high quality depends on reviewers with a high level of expertise and an ability to be objective, fair, and insightful in their evaluation of manuscripts.
If JAOC’s Editor-in-Chief has invited you to review a manuscript, please consider the following:
- Reviewing manuscript critically but constructively and preparing detailed comments about the manuscript to help authors improve their work
- Reviewing multiple versions of a manuscript as necessary
- Providing all required information within established deadlines
- Making recommendations to the editor regarding the suitability of the manuscript for publication in the journal
- Declaring to the editor any potential conflicts of interest with respect to the authors or the content of a manuscript they are asked to review
- Reporting possible research misconducts
- Suggesting alternative reviewers in case they cannot review the manuscript for any reasons
- Treating the manuscript as a confidential document
- Not making any use of the work described in the manuscript
- Not communicating directly with authors, if somehow they identify the authors
- Not identifying themselves to authors
- Not passing on the assigned manuscript to another reviewer
- Ensuring that the manuscript is of high quality and original work
- Informing the editor if he/she finds the assigned manuscript is under consideration in any other publication to his/her knowledge
- Writing review report in English only
- Authoring a commentary for publication related to the reviewed manuscript
WHAT SHOULD BE CHECKED WHILE REVIEWING A MANUSCRIPT?
- Scientific reliability
- Valuable contribution to the science
- Adding new aspects to the existed field of study
- Ethical aspects
- Structure of the article submitted and its relevance to authors’ guidelines
- References provided to substantiate the content
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Scientific misconduct
Peer reviewers are key to advancing scholarship and contributing to the quality of scholarly journals. We would like to thank the following reviewers who have taken part in the peer-review process for Journal of Applied Organometallic Chemistry (JAOC).
Manuscripts not adhering to journal guidelines will be returned to authors without scientific evaluation. Submitted manuscripts adhering to journal guidelines are reviewed by the Editor-in-Chief or an Editor, who will assign them to reviewers. The Editorial Board prepares a decision letter according to the comments of the reviewers, which is sent to the corresponding author. All non-reviewed manuscripts are sent back within 10 days and decisions letters of manuscripts are sent within 4-6 weeks.
You can find the short training about reviewing: Publons Academy On Demand Webinar
We wanted to remind you about our free, online peer review training course -- the Publons Academy.
Department of chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Benghazi, Benghazi, Libya
Department of Chemistry, Payame Noor University, PO BOX 19395-4697 Tehran, Iran
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Physics &amp;amp; Chemistry, Alzahra University, Tehran, Iran
Sangola College Sangola
Department Chemistry, Faculty of science, birjand, Iran
mohamed ben bechir
university of gafsa faculty of science of gafsa
Department of Chemistry,
Shivneri Mahavidyalaya, S.Anantpal, Latur
Applied Chemistry, Organic Chemistry
Majuli College, Majuli, Assam
Department of Chemistry, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, India
Department of Chemistry, East Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Organic Chemistry, Organometallic Chemistry
Amruteshwar ACS College, Vinzar, Pune
K J Smaiya College Kopargaon
Organic Chemistry, Organometallic Chemistry
Department of Chemistry, Hakim Sabzavari University, Sabzavar, Iran.
Department of Chemistry, Payame Noor University, PO BOX 19395-4697 Tehran, Iran.
Lynay Santacruz Guti&eacute;rrez
Methodologies, Organic Chemistry, Organometallic Chemistry
Universidad de Nari&ntilde;o
Michigan state university
Pharmaceutical college Damascus university